Sunday, August 9, 2009

All "A's" Baby...

Canadian Olympic Trials - Day 1.

I'm not exactly sure how to start this off, but... Today was a really good day for me! Kind of...

I don't think a lot of people expected me to make both A finals today - 1500 m and 500 m. I unfortunately "crapped the bed" in the 1500 m final coming in 6th, but needless to say that's actually pretty darn good considering I was ranked 16 out of 16 going into the distance... Michael Gilday however, my Calgarian teammate, won the race! Congratulations to him!

In the 500 m I was hurting pretty bad as well, having spent a ton of energy in the 1500 m's. But I managed to focus enough energy and power myself into the 500 m A final again. I was third on the line, but I through down a quick start and pulled into 1st. However, that's where I spent most of my energy and after 2 laps of pulling the best I could, I fell to 2nd... then to 3rd... and then at the finish line... Bam, 4th. Oh well, two A finals.

Jessica Gregg came in 2nd behind Kalyna Roberge in the 500 m A final.

There was some bad luck for the remainder of my teammates, but morale is still high, everyone seems very supportive of each other. I think that's what kept me strong through the 500 m, having so many people from Calgary competing with me at Olympic Trials is uplifting.

Well I'll get the final results of everyone from Calgary posted tomorrow.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment