Sunday, August 16, 2009

Day 3

Day 3 ended on a fairly good note, well kind of.

The 1000 m went a little better for me, I ended up in the B final coming in 6th overall. There was a tight pass in the semis that literally knocked me back with less than two laps to go... And as a result I didn't advance to the A final.

Then with a little luck on my side pulled myself back into the 1500 m A final where I came 5th. I was sitting well with 3 laps to go (in 4th behind Olivier) but got taken out when Gilday and Marc collided hard and skated into the back of me. Both Marc and I went down, both of my skates ended up tightly packed beneath the mats.

Olivier Jean and Kalyna Roberge have clenched positions on the 2010 Olympic Team with back to back wins in the 1000 m's. Congratulations to them!

Tomorrow is a big day for me, being as it is the last set of 500 m! Today will be spent trying to relax and recover, but tomorrow I will be ready and geared to skate strong and fast!

As it stands for me right now I have:

500 m: a 1st and 4th place.
1000 m: a 6th and 9th (Yuk! haha can redeem that in my next 1000 m) place.
1500 m: a 5th and 6th place.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment