Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Update!


Sorry it's been a while since I've blogged, it's been an extremely eventful and positive month since I last posted. Training is going notably well, all the right pieces are falling into place. Things are becoming more and more natural and refined.

The Vancouver camp went extremely well, we had a couple amazing talks done by Rick Hansen and Frank Dick. Both very inspirational people.

The ice actually felt really good, I couldn't wipe the smirk off my face on the first day we stepped onto it. After training months at Centennial in South Calgary I imagine anything would feel better than that ice, but it was a welcomed relief to be back on good ice.

Olympic Trials are nearing, we leave a week today to Vancouver and our first day of competition is August 9th. I will try and keep things more update now.

Training at the Calgary Olympic Oval has been energizing as well. Refining technique and having fun have been a big part of my lead up to these coming trials. I think they've been paying off. I believe our last "hard" practice day is today. It's going to burn something fierce! I'm still a little tired from last weeks training. But we taper after this, meaning lots of recovery!

As for outcome, I hope things go in my favour, but good or bad... I'm exceptionally pleased with everything leading up to now.

Here is a link to todays Online Calgary Herald:


Oh and that photo up top was taken by a Herald Journalist at our practice yesterday. We we're doing some electronic timing of starts. That's Tyler on my inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment