Sunday, January 3, 2010

In Montreal

There's a blizzard battering Montreal right now. I spent half an hour after ice this morning shoveling Guillaume and Val's back drive way. There isn't a lot of space to cover, just a lot of snow!

It's nice to be back on ice, but I can feel the days I've missed...

I trained during the holidays, but I spent a lot of time off ice this year. That's abnormal for me! It may feel rough right now, but I think in the long run I'll be thankful I took a break.

It's been a long season. Very long actually, with only three months left. So a longer break now will keep my body fresh and my mind concentrated.

I almost didn't wake up this morning in time for ice, thankfully Guillaume knocked on my door. I set my alarm on my cell last night for 7 am, unfortunately though, my clock is still on Calgary time. Ha Ha. I was wondering why I felt so fresh at five in the morning!

Anyways, back to skating, apart from yesterday and today the rest of the week will be recovery for the other guys. This will (hopefully) help my body re-familiarize itself with various muscle movements!

Besides skating, I'm pleased to note that I've accomplished a reasonable amount of studying.

Remember, there will be an announcement on January 8th!

2 comments: