Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Some Days...

Still in Montreal, I will be here until Friday. Training is going well, but my body is feeling very tired right now.

I had an interesting evening, on my return to the hotel tonight I noticed a couple of fire trucks lined outside. Being us, Michael and I joked about having left the pot on while we were at training. When we came into the lobby there was an abnormally large number of people in the waiting area, they didn't look very happy. We asked at the front desk what was wrong and they replied casually, "Oh, there is just some water in peoples rooms, no worries."

I shrugged it off, I was very tired from training and not putting two and two together very well. Training had gone late and I was looking to get some food in me. We got up to our room and found the entire place covered in water. Like I mean "two inch deep, pipe bursting, water fall from the ceiling" covered in water. Most of my stuff was soaked.

Still is.

"No worries" my butt.

Normally, I put my computer in my suitcase and just cover it up with clothes, but today I was running late so I just threw it on the middle of my bed. HA, guess what!? Fortunately, that was the one part of my room that wasn't super soaked with water... Oye.

After a few loud words, cough cough... we went downstairs and they said that we would be switching rooms. This meant us going back upstairs and packing everything up.

Wet, tired, and hungry, I packed my soaked luggage. Yes, I was wet, in order for me to pack I had to frequently go between different waterfalls in my room.

In the midst of packing I noticed a number of people frantically waving at me from the window across the courtyard. I was thrown aback for a second until I recognized one of them, it was the Korean team! They had been staying across from us for a couple of days and we didn't even know!

So I ran over to them to see if they were swimming in a pool of water as well. Turns out they weren't, but they came and splashed around in ours. They are super nice, they ended up cooking dinner for Michael and I! So we sat around eating Korean food and made best of what English they knew for the better part of an hour and a half.

Now I'm sitting on the 11th floor typing and with a much nicer view of the city! I've strategically placed my luggage behind me so I don't have to look at it.

I will see if I can get pictures up of us and the Koreans tomorrow. May be tough though!

1 comment:

  1. Great story - except for the water part. Hope all this gets resolved before Friday.

    ReplyDelete