Friday, January 8, 2010

The Olympic Torch

So here's the news, back in July I got an unusual call from the City of Medicine Hat. Unusual in the sense that I never get a call from the City of Medicine Hat. Turns out, they submitted my name to be a torch bearer in Medicine Hat this coming January 16th! But wait a minute that's not all, I will be the final torch bearer that evening and will be lighting the cauldron in Medicine Hat. The Olypmic flame will be staying there over night.

I was told back in July them to keep it a secret, which I did, I was completely focused on other things. Particularly, the upcoming Olympic trials! Needless to say, I am honoured to have been given this wonderful opportunity. I am proud to represent Medicine Hat and Canada.

So Medicine Hat... I will be seeing you all very soon!

1 comment: