Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Round House Kick to the Chest

OK, so the Oval is a little busier than usual. The Long Track World Cup is in Calgary this weekend and there is a large number of athletes on the running track during my morning warm up.

While doing my warm up jog I unfortunately got blocked by the Chinese team. Now these aren't normal sized Chinese people, they are huge with very powerful legs (as I soon learned from first hand experience)... Like I think the tallest girl is like six and some feet...

No Jokes.

They run pretty slow to begin with, but they had just finished their lap jog and started doing dynamic stretches - they were now spread out in front of me and moving very slow.

I saw a break in the group and started to maneuver my way through the pack. They had been doing front swing kicks for the majority of my pass but as soon as I was about to pass the lead person, she switched exercises on me, swung her leg round the side of her and snapped straight back into my chest... So strong it knocked me right off my feet.

I was in complete disbelief.

I think she was too, she had no clue I was coming up on the outside of her. She was very apologetic, but I said that I was "OK", brushed myself off and callapsed on the long track mats. I'm not sure what was worse, being winded or my ill attempts to hold back laughter.

Anyways, enough said...

Also, Congratulations to my cousin Chris and his wife Amanda, they had a baby girl today... Presley Riana Davidchuk! Now I've got to teach Kadan (their son) how to deal with a little sister!

4 comments:

  1. How to "deal" with a little sister...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop arguing you two! Lucky for you Liam that you live in Calgary and not Edmonton. I assume you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'll give you a lesson Liam... I'll use my physics knowledge for evil... MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete