Sunday, December 13, 2009

*Sigh*... What a day...

40.437...

40.437 is the new Canadian Record in the 500 m and unofficial World Record... Except this one was not set by me, but fellow teammate Michael Gilday.

Yes in two days, he has taken down two of my records... sigh...

I'm happy for him but I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty choked that they're both gone.

If that wasn't enough, I fell in my quarters... I was moving pretty fast with less than a lap to go... May have even been a new Canadian Record for me... But for some reason the ice decided to give out on me. My skate just broke away and carried my body with it.



I ended up coming in 9th in the 500 m. Not something I'm very pleased about - I managed to win the C Final.

The only real positive thing I can take from this day is that of all races I stayed on my feet for I skated in the 40's... And one of them was from position 4 on the line! Also, that our C Final was about half a second faster than that of the A Final.

This is part of sport, especially Short Track. Anyone who does high performance sports knows these ups and downs all too well...

But tomorrow is another day and still big points up for grabs as we continue on with the 1000 m's and 3000 m super finals. It should prove to be a long and grueling day!

Photo above is compliments of Tracy Hillis!

No comments:

Post a Comment