Saturday, August 8, 2009

One...

One day left before Olympic Trials begin.

Yesterday my legs felt a little "flat" on the ice. But despite them feeling like giant blocks of concrete, I maintained good, smooth, relaxed technique. In the past when my body suffered tantrums from my legs, my technique usually went out the door as well. But I'm pleased to report that wasn't the case.

Today, ice is at 3:45 pm and we'll be settling back into some speed!

The ice has been different each time we've been on it. One session was super soft and another super brittle. I think they're having trouble regulating ice and air temperatures because there has been so much activity inside the Coliseum. Us and the other workers...

They're STILL doing construction! It's pretty ridiculous if you ask me... Haha. I mean the place is starting to come together really well, but having to hear power saws and drills for the 3 hours at the rink is getting old. The whole camp in June/July we had paint fumes engulf us for the entire 2 weeks of training.

Here's a link to a Medicine Hat News article titled "Our Next Olympian":


Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment