Sunday, August 2, 2009

Stolen Box of Golden Grahams


So a couple days ago I was over at my buddy Michael Gilday's house and I happened upon a giant shipment of cereal General Mills had sent him. All the box' consisted of ones that his picture had been printed on the back of - Whole Grain Cheerios and Golden Grahams.

I thought to myself, "Hey Liam, you could write a blog and help this guy get more donations... Maybe in return, he'll give you a percentage cut from his earnings!?".

Haha.

"Ya right Liam..." But I thought it'd be a funny blog anyways, so nabbed a box of Golden Grahams.

The next morning I went downstairs and poured myself a reasonably sized bowl of those deliciously sugar blasted Golden Grahams. As soon as I turned the box around I instantly recalled my plan to help out Gilday.

So I finished off what was left of the Golden Grahams and bounced (all that sugar does wonders for the soul) myself up stairs to where I could donate a dollar to my fellow teammate.

I booted up my computer and entered the web address displayed on the back of the box of cereal:


There it took me to a giant map that displayed a number of different Aspiring Olympians spread all across Canada. There was so many to choose from, so I panicked and accidentally pressed on Alexandra Duckworth.

I thought to myself, "Uh oh, Gilday's not going to be happy I donated a dollar to someone else... Oh wait, I guess I could go back, but that requires me dragging the curser up and clicking the back button. Oh well, I've gone too far I can't afford to turn back now." I was coming down from my sugar high, crashing hard.

So I scrounged up what energy I had left and entered he donation code I found on the inside of the cereal box. And submitted the dollar donation.


I started feeling little bit remorseful for not having donated the dollar to Michael Gilday...

But then I realized that the box hadn't been mine in the first place. I hadn't lost anything! I did however help out an aspiring Olympian. Which brightened up my day! On top of things, I had been entered for a monthly draw for a free T-shirt! It was a double win for me.

2 comments:

  1. In all reality I did end up donating it to Gilday, I just thought it would be funny to pull a prank on the guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, definately your best post to date haha. I was thinking to myself, "weak" and "lame" cause I gave you that box in trust of the dollar being delivered. Great post though

    ReplyDelete